- Explore study pathways and the exciting careers they lead to by visiting zones set up across campus
- A full programme of mini lectures on subjects, degrees and student life
- Information sessions for careers advisors and school staff
- Talk to university staff about study programmes and subjects, get inspired by student projects, view facilities and watch performances
- Campus tours
- Why Choose the University of Waikato?
- Setting students up for success with Work-Integrated Learning
- Information sessions for parents and caregivers
- Scholarships: what is available, eligibility and tips for applying
- Accommodation: view on-campus options and discover support available for residents
- Hear from current students about their experiences
- Presentations on Student Support services
- Health and wellbeing at Waikato
- Admission options and University preparation courses
- Advice and information on postgraduate study, certificates and diplomas
- Mini lectures on study programmes and subjects
- Campus tours
See first-hand what the University of Waikato has to offer at Open Day
Want to connect with us but can’t make it to campus?
No problem! Come along to Virtual Open Day, where you will be welcomed to the university by key university staff, hear from students about their experiences and learn about University of Waikato courses and support services.
What subjects and qualifications are you interested in?
To make it easier to find out about what you are interested in at Open Day, we have 7 zones set up on campus.
Each zone focuses on a particular group of subjects and fields of study.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
Business and Management
Health, Sport and Psychology
Arts, Design and Communication
Education, Law and Social Sciences
Student Advice and Support
Download the WaikatoUni App
Download the WaikatoUni app before Open Day to customise your timetable for the day. You can also find a map of all the activities on campus and learn more about what goes on around our campuses during the year.
You will need to wear a mask when inside University buildings (eating venues not included).
Vaccine passes are not required for this event.